Progressive Democrat for State Representative
About Nichole Mossalam
“I believe we can do better in addressing the needs of our community. I am running for State Representative because we need elected leaders who are committed to all our working families and are reliable advocates for those who need an ally in government”–Nichole Mossalam
Nichole Mossalam is a mother of three, an experienced non-profit leader, and an active community member who believes in an inclusive and collaborative leadership style. Coming from a working class background and having overcome many challenges, she understands the needs of working families. She is running for State Representative to strengthen our communities and ensure that our elected leaders do more for all our residents.
Nichole is a firm believer in rolling up her sleeves and helping make change happen, and has served Medford and Malden in many capacities.
As the former chair of Malden’s Disability Commission, she achieved:
- The installation of Augmentative and Alternative Communication boards at all Malden Public Schools’ playgrounds for the use of non-verbal children.
- A $40,000 grant that funded a city-wide accessibility study that created a transitional plan making the city eligible for more grant funding
- The availability of police-stop communication cards for the hard of hearing
- A $45,000 in grant funding for accessibility improvements for the Malden Senior Center.
As the former co-chair of Our Revolution, she:
- Created a firm foundation in the organization’s first year
- Built an inclusive environment for activists
- Supported local chapters in their advocacy of issues that strengthen their communities.
As the Founding Director of the Islamic Cultural Center of Medford and community advocate, she:
- Ran interfaith programming and coordinated community outreach.
- Brought Muslim, Christian, Jewish, and other faith leaders together
- Organized events such as “Malden Unites Against Hate” and a “Fastathon” which raised $7,000 to support the work of Housing Families.
We deserve a representative who values our diversity, who brings people together around our shared concerns, and who respects the dignity of all. We need an independent leader who will put the concerns of our families first.
Nichole and her husband, Mohanad, came to Malden nine years ago with their first son, and have had two more children since. They love being a part of the community in Malden and Medford where people have different backgrounds, and where new residents live side by side with families that go back generations, yet they share so many of the same concerns, are engaged in civic life, and work together to strengthen our cities. They have a collective passion for working hard and giving back